Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A week in review...

...because it has been that long since I last blogged. I'm getting bad about it again.

My walking went from daily to sporadic over the weekend. I use the kids as an excuse, but they really aren't one.

So... in the last week... I went on an indy movie audition, had two photo shoots, dressed up as Madonna for an event at the Herberger, had a callback for PT, came down with a nasty cold, and have been working on the belly cast I'm doing for a friend. I have two holiday events coming up and a fundraiser event for Ryan House (ryanhouse.org). It's becoming quite busy, so I'm actually a little relieved that I'm not doing a show right now.

I also grew a few gray hairs this weekend as I put my son behind the wheel of a car for the first time. Oh, heavens! I thought I was going to crap my pants. It quickly changed from a 'driving lesson' into 'a lesson about the brake pedal'. That was all I could handle. Poor kid went around the block at 5 mph because I wouldn't let him put his foot on the gas. My nerves couldn't take it. Baby steps.

And on that note, I am going to baby step my way to bed and hopefully blog a bit more regularly this week.
But I leave you with an oh-so-exciting slideshow of my current work-in-progress.

This is the initial casting... the morning after Kristi and I did it.
Below is after I reinforced it and started sanding the belly.














This is after most of the sanding is done... you can see patches where there are spots that needed to be filled or reinforced.


I'll go through and detail it again and do another coat of primer. It's far from the finished product. We're actually going to paint and decorate this one. So, I'll post pics of the finished product once it's done. :)




TA DA!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment