Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

I'm getting horrible about blogging... but I did walk today!!
I have 'time' issues. Just not enough time in the day to fit in all of the things I want to do. Grrrr.
I had a wonderful afternoon with my friend Kristi yesterday.
She and I met doing a murder mystery dinner theatre years and years ago (prolly '99 or 2000) and while we haven't done any other shows together since then, we've maintained the kind of friendship that two passionate artists have. She is pregnant with her first child now and due in about two weeks or so. (It's a boy!) So yesterday, we spent the afternoon doing a quick maternity photo shoot and a belly-cast (a plaster casing of her pregnant bust). It was SO much fun to sit and gab about life and family and relationships and people as well as talking shop about theatre and our craft. It was encouraging and uplifting and left me feeling like she had done ME a huge favor by coming over and being a part of my day.
Today is Veterans Day, so the kids are enjoying the beautiful weather and a day off of school with us. We watched Transformers 2 last night and today Christina and I will catch up on SYTYCD... after which, I've got to get back to editing pics and helping David with his report on Ancient Greece for school. joy.
Tomorrow I'm auditioning for an indy movie and doing another shoot and on Friday, I'll be in full-on 'Madonna' gear for a celebrity event which will mark the first of several over the holiday season. Whew!! I don't know how I'd get by without my iphone right now... it is far more organized than I am. Thank god.
And on that note, I must leave blogworld for photoworld and get my butt in gear.

Happy Veterans Day and my personal thanks to all who have served and sacrificed.

No comments:

Post a Comment