Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Closin' of Another Show

And so it ends...
This afternoon was the last performance of 'Noises Off' at Phoenix Theatre. What an awesome run!! We extended for four performances and had amazing and responsive audiences throughout the entire run. (Save for the few individuals that don't understand "farce" or the concept of a 'play-within-a-play'.)

It was an awesome experience. The cast was amazing... full of people that I have worked with before and every single one of which I would be honored to work with again.

And so... for a follow-up, the 'condensed' version of what I will miss about the show:

"Listen to the musicality of the Englishness." Matthew Weiner - First read thru
Lemons and bananas, turtles and doves "no, THEN you rim Tim!", parody lyrics, Debbie Gibson, pre-show YouTube, Cathy's Facebook, doors, bags, boxes, flowers, and Sardines. Vagina talk, bruise comparison, strategic taping. Heather, Jenn, Carla and Tiff. If you like it, then you ought to set your tea on it. Slim Shady? Old Navy? A ukulele? A bay leaf? A lady? A labi...a? A shelaylee.... Schelale... Sha... what the heck is a shelaylee?? Handles and dresses and zipper malfunctions, granny panties and LeeAndi... and riffin' on Cherry Tack or Merry Sack or Scary Flak or... NO BAG!!

sigh

In the next three weeks, I've got a few minor projects going, but will have some downtime before rehearsals start for 'Hairspray'. I'm uber-excited to start this one. Big time. Super big-time.

I feel very blessed.

Tomorrow is Doc's birthday, so Jay and I are having him over for dinner. We will hopefully catch up with my mom and PJ for dinner this week... and perhaps even take them out for a movie or something. I'll be able to spend time with the kids, which I've missed out on recently. It's days like these that I feel very blessed to be able to do what I love, but to also have time to spend with my family between projects is invaluable. And the fact that I don't have to crimp my hair again... is priceless.

Onward and upward, my friends...

Another job that you hope will last
Will make your future forget your past
Another pain where the ulcers grow
Another op'nin of another show.

And the premiere of 'Sister Wives' on TLC in a week. Like a magnet, I'm drawn. Really, reality TV? Damn you and your sister-wife temptresses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment