Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tiger Crucifixion

I'm really tired of hearing about Tiger Woods.
First it was all about his infidelity, then it was about his rehabilitation, then it was about his tantrums at the Masters... enough, people.
I'm tired of hearing about Tiger and Jon Gosselin and Eliot Spitzer and whoeverthehell managed to slip up and make a mistake (or twenty) in the public eye.
I'm tired of the public gasping and pointing fingers while they cry, 'We feel so betrayed!'

Why is it okay to hold people to a higher standard because they are a politician/celebrity/athlete? They are still people. Humans. Flawed and fallible.

I have an issue with idolizing people. I look up to many and strive to follow some of the better examples, but I can't imagine holding someone to a higher standard than I've set for my own self.
It's much more important to me to love someone for who they are, flaws and all, than to love the perfect representation of someone.

If you are that desperate for a role model or an example, I urge you to remember Jesus, Allah, Buddha, etc.
There is your story of a perfect human being.
As far as I know, another Christ hasn't come along yet, and if he had, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be masquerading as a politician or a golfer. Just my opinion.

Leave the mortals alone.
I've had enough.

/end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment