Friday, October 28, 2011

Things I learned on the light rail tonight....

Chivalry is alive and well! I got on the light rail and a former California EMT snatched my bike from my hands before I could even protest and hefted it (with a bit of difficulty, to my delight) right on up to the hook. I could have kissed him! But I didn't. But I'm pretty sure I awarded him 'Hero of the Day'. I didn't have a trophy on me, but he seemed happy with the verbal accolade. (And I say I delight in his difficulty because I thought my issues were due to being a weakling. Turns out, the bike is just one bulky, heavy bitch.)

Five strangers on a train (from vastly different backgrounds and upbringing) can come up with a half-dozen viable ideas for a hit reality TV or web series.


If a man can buy you tampons without being squeamish – and chooses the right brand, absorbency, fragrance and applicator; he is a KEEPER.


I make character assumptions based on the food/cooking shows people watch. It's awful. I sit in rapt conversation with those who claim 'No Reservations' or mention Paula Deen, Chopped or Iron Chef. 'Bitchin' Kitchen' or 'Almost Homemade'? Ummm... Dismissed. I know, it's terrible of me. But I guess that's an inner litmus test that I never knew I had. ...And knowing is half the battle.


After writing a blog (that I still haven't finished or posted yet) that compared the differences between the Phoenix light rail and the New York subway, I thought I preferred the silence and the lack of conversation of NY. But I have to admit that human interaction and a few laughs sure do make the ride seem a lot shorter and much more pleasant.


I've more to share on my many light rail adventures, but it has been a long day. I'm anxious to have an audience for the show... and genuinely nervous for the first time in a long time. I still feel a bit green when it comes to this contemporary drama stuff... but at the end of the day, I feel like I've worked... and have been a part of creating something really special.

As my friend, Ms. Rosenberg, would say, “Ain't nuthin' wrong with that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment