Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Adventures Condensed

So I haven't blogged in ages (clearly) but have had one hell of a month!

At the end of last month, I spent a couple days in Arkansas on my way to New York. What a crazy, wonderful getaway it was!!
I got the chance to visit with some of my new friends from Arkansas Repertory Theatre (where we did Hairspray) which was AH-MAZING! The entire theatre was renovated over the summer and looks Gorjey McGorgeous!
I realized on this trip to Little Rock that I don't hate Phoenix as much as I thought I did. In fact, some of the things I love about that city are the similarities to Phoenix. I like the lushness of the south, though... and everyone seems nicer just because of their accents. They've perfected the art of the 'kind insult' - softening any blow by following it with, "Bless their heart..."
And truthfully, I'm a sucker for any town that has BBQ, Fried Fish and sweet tea on every corner. So...
SOLD!
From there, I was off to New York for a week of auditions. It was supposed to also include lots of visiting with friends, sightseeing and a show every night, but that was certainly not the case. I ended up being so swamped with auditions and visiting old friends that I really didn't do the touristy sight-seeing at all. For one thing, I didn't bring any of my three cameras (so much for traveling light) and even though I had my phone-cam, it's crappy, blurry, never focuses right, etc.
In a nutshell, auditions went well. Very well. Well enough that I'm trying to make it back to NY in January for another set of callbacks. (Which would be for projects mostly over the summer and the beginning of next season.)
But, rather than blog... which I suspect would be boring... I figured I'd offer up a video montage instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment