Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome Home!!

Yeah, I know, I know... I've been home for almost two weeks now.

I haven't even completely unpacked my suitcases or boxes, let alone begun the process of packing up the house to move... I just haven't found the motivation... or the house I'm moving into yet.

Upon my return, I hit two general auditions in town and started the house hunting in earnest, since my lease is up in three weeks and the owners need to try to sell it to get out from under the extra mortgage. Oh housing crisis, thank you for mucking up my perfect rental arrangement!

Concentrating on moving and auditions has been a godsend, really. It has allowed me to temporarily ignore the nagging writer's block and has also given me something to focus on instead of my post-show blues.

The show's over, Boo.

This weekend holds callbacks for 'Boeing Boeing' and '9 to 5' as well as appointments to see a few rental homes, catch-up with friends and family. I'm also working on my curriculum for the workshops I'm teaching in June.

That's right... I will be influencing the minds of 14-18 year olds. My plan for world domination is finally being realized! I'll be teaching one week of a Shakespeare intensive and one week of 'Mastering the Monologue' as audition prep. I'm very excited!! (But at this point, wholly unprepared.)

I still very much miss my family away from home... and it has felt slightly foreign to be back among my creature comforts. But it has been so wonderful to be back amongst my family and my dear, dear friends... without whom, I probably would have wallowed in depression for at least another week!

There has been plenty of blogworthy news this week, which made me realize that for as much as I 'blog' and 'live out loud' on the net, I'm actually a private person when it comes to the people and events that are truly dear to me.

Both my father and my step-dad faced health issues that came to their surgical conclusions... and both are recovering remarkably well. Several of my immediate family members have battled Cancer in the past few years which, of course, weighs heavily as I think of my own mortality and the relatively short amount of time we exist on this planet. I'm thankful that both of my dads have a ton of feisty years ahead of them.

I missed my babies a ton and still haven't spent enough time with them to make up for being away the past two months... but they only have two more weeks of school before they're off for the summer. I have a feeling we'll be spending a decent amount of time at my mom's... and her pool.

The uncertainty of what I'll actually be doing this season has me a bit restless. But I'm also excited to be getting to auditions outside of AZ... which, I guess, brings me to other blogworthy news...
I'm trying to get work in other states... and am earnestly prospecting out east. Not necessarily New York, though I'd love to work out there and get to see all my friends in the city... maybe I'll hit auditions there eventually, but I'm on the first set of baby-steps. I've lived in AZ all of my life, so there's bound to be some serious separation anxiety. I have a few contacts in Florida and throughout the southeast, so (God and CDs willing) that's probably where I will land within the next year or so.

I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll leave it at that and hope that callbacks go well this weekend and that I can get a few videos edited and submitted in the next few days. Fingers and toes crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment