Friday, March 11, 2011

Countdown to D-Day

My birthday came and went and I'm still alive. So that's a plus!

I was joking with one of my brothers on the phone that as kids we don't always approach the far future with any sense of certainty. I mean, as a teenager, I couldn't picture myself at 35. To me, that was old. My PARENTS were in their 30's for cryin' out loud!!
We talked about our youth and how we all figured I'd be dead before I reached my 30's. I had a whirlwind 'growing up' experience between the ages of 18 and 22... but even that didn't bring as much wisdom as that which I acquired between the ages of 22 and 30. Rather than celebrating the day of my birth, it was a celebration of 'Holy Crap, you're still alive!'

Nothing like siblings to cheerfully remind you of your mortality.
Jerk.

And so the month culminated in my birthday and my last show at Broadway Palm with the 'Murder on the Strip' cast. They sent me off with a sweet speech and an awesome card at the end of the show - which will join several other cards in my 'love box' and travel with me to Little Rock.

Which is where I'm off to on Monday!

The past two weeks has been the chaos of packing and settling everything at home so I can vacate the state for two months.

Two months.

Holy crap.

I've got three pet projects in the works, all of which can still be worked on - no matter where I am - so it's not like I'm going to be missing out on a ton of my daily routine. I'll still actually have to 'work' in addition to doing the show. But I will be separated from my creature comforts... and that's when I realize what a diva I am on the inside.
And by diva, I mean whiny, sniffling baby.

I've managed to convince myself that the kids are going to be fine. They've got their dad takin' care of 'em... and my mom will come to the rescue if and when they need a break. Jason is perfectly capable of taking care of himself and will probably revel in the fact that he doesn't have to share a bathroom or a kitchen with me for a while.
My animals, however... are breaking my heart. (Specifically my 'favorite'.) I don't know how I'm going to make it through without my snuggler (who is incidentally a great critic of audition pieces) and I know he's going to go through some separation anxiety himself. Then again, he'll probably be fine. I'm the one going through separation anxiety. And over cats? Really? I swear I'm going insane.

I can't wait to meet the new cast and start rehearsals for Hairspray. I loved doing this show and can't wait to see how it morphs - as every show does with its unique cast dynamic.

You'll probably see a little more activity on the blog (I hope). Most of it is just a way to keep family and friends updated on the goings-on without inundating Facebook with my ramblings. I'm excited about the time I'll be spending writing, at least.

I'm also excited about being reunited with some dearly loved friends and getting to see a little bit of Arkansas. I've packed my blue dress for a trip to the Clinton Presidential Library! :)

Last weekend with the fam, and it's gonna be a busy one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment