Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Can Someone Please Tell Me...

What happened to November?!

Last I checked, it was October... I left just as Fall and Halloween decorations were beginning to adorn my neighbors' doors!
I have a vague recollection of doing a show, and some fuzzy memories involving pies and turkey, but it's a blur. Sometimes life happens so fast that I don't feel like I have time to take it in and digest it all. I can only respond and volley and snap into action. An unchoreographed waltz with an undesignated lead. Once the action settles, I look back and say, "What just happened there?"

So... the highlights and lowlights of the past month and a half:
I spent 5 weeks in my hometown of Mesa, Arizona doing a fun little romp called 'Menopause The Musical' with Prather Entertainment (Broadway Palm, Dutch Apple, The Palms) and met an extraordinary group of women who took me in with kindness, consideration, and patience. It was a very fortuitous and serendipitous opportunity, and I had a blast being back on my 'old stompin' grounds'.

During my time there, I got to see my daughter (for like a minute) and her BF, my mom and step-dad, my sisters in law, Grandma & Grandpa, my dad, many of my dear(est) friends, and spent some extended time with my son. If you'd have told me in October that he would be living with me in Florida by Thanksgiving, I wouldn't have believed you. But that's the unpredictability of life, yo. He is here. His ginormous shoes infuriatingly in the center of the living room. And I couldn't be happier.

My playwright collaborators and I put together a reading for Testament of Will that renewed my interest in the project and helped to illuminate the direction we want to go with it. So, that was invaluable... and just kinda awesome, 'cuz our actors rocked it out. Now we just need to replace about half of the exposition with humor and compelling shit. No pressure. Done by Christmas. Eep!

We drove out to West Palm for Thanksgiving at Rhonda's (with about 40+ people) and I think I slept for the next two days straight. We'll call it an extreme food coma. I barely remember the drive home, but I know it happened 'cuz there are still leftovers in my fridge.

I've gotten some bites on packets I sent to local talent agencies on this side of the state, so I'm hoping to finally start setting down some roots in Flurrrida before I have to leave again. It'll be good to finally dip my toes in the market here after a year of feeling like I'm on vacation. (*Snap out of it, Andi. You live here. Stop gawking and get some work done!*)

I'm also starting to put together writing samples for a portfolio since there are so many free-lance jobs around here... and Mama needs some extra money for the pantry. (Not to mention Christmas. Holy crap, it's so close already!)

So here it is... already December. The last page of the calendar... another year marked off one day at a time. And no clue what the year ahead will hold for me. One thing I can guarantee... it'll be unpredictable.
Hopefully I'll remember most of it.
Unlike November.

Seriously. What just happened?


No comments:

Post a Comment