Friday, April 8, 2011

Adventures In Little Rock: Vol. 3

Okay, so it has been a while since I posted... and I don't have much time, so this will be more of a Reader's Digest Condensed Version. (For those who even know what Reader's Digest is anymore...)

First of all, for those who are curious about my ghost (Steve), he seems to be doing well and sends his good wishes to everyone reading.
Lillian (our Tracy Turnblad) was housed in my apartment while she was here doing Glorious, so she gave me some pointers. Apparently, she set some 'ground rules' that were to be strictly followed (such as the bedroom being her private, sacred space in which he is unwelcome.)
I had a 'conversation' with him that consisted of, "Hey... um... Lils told me all about you, Steve. Um... she also told me that you know the rules, so the same rules apply, and um... I will have no more tomfoolery, OKAY?" (*silence*)
Yes, I felt silly, but it worked. And as long as my bedroom door is shut at night, I'm oblivious to his shenanigans. He does, however, still turn off the light on my ceiling fan and changes my channels when he doesn't approve of my viewing choices. So far I have determined that he prefers the History Channel to RuPaul's Drag Race and if I dare watch any Desperate Housewives (of ANY city), he will find whatever war movie is randomly playing and switch to that. On one occasion, there were obviously no war movies showing and so he chose BBC coverage of the war in Afghanistan instead. Gee, thanks.

My second week here, I got really sick. What I thought were horrible allergies (because I've never really suffered from them and didn't know any better) was actually a sinus and ear infection. I got a steroid shot and some antibiotics and am now feeling 110% better! Except I now actually know what allergies feel like... and they suck. Claritin has been my friend and enabled me to keep some semblance of a voice amidst all the pollen around here.

Arkansas is gorgeous. The weather fluctuates daily and it has been warm and breezy or frigid and pouring every other day, which suits my fickle mood and allows me to dress in layers. I love it!!

Tonight is Opening Night and the show has grown by leaps and bounds throughout tech. The costume crew has worked above and beyond overtime to replace trim, tailor suits, and place insoles in the shoes of all the divas... The entire production crew and staff at The Rep are awesome and truly proud of the product they offer and the artistry inside its walls, which I respect immensely.

I'm proud to be here, proud to be part of an amazing show and have had an uproariously fun journey with all of these beautiful people. And really thrilled to be playing such a fun role!!

I tried to nap in the hopes that I could keep up with the kids at the after-party, but I no sooner laid down than someone upstairs started choreographing 42nd street and rearranging all the heavy furniture while simultaneously my son started texting pics of his wood shop project and the landscapers set up shop outside my open window. Apparently there is MUCH debris to be blown away on my side of the building as they've been by four times now. (And I assure you, I'm fully dressed.) However, it was a bit of a shock to see an all-white landscaping crew with nary a Mexican among them. I caught myself staring. I know, I know, my hometown is showing. :)

And on that note, Happy Opening to the cast and crew. This one is much deserved. Now I'm off to spread my crabs to all the willing participants...

Merde!!

No comments:

Post a Comment